An easy-to-make cheesecake for Friday Fika…
I’ve never been a big cheesecake fan but my husband loves it. So we decided to have a try making a gluten free cheesecake with the simplest and best quality ingredients that I could find. And I have to say, I think I may have eaten more of it than him. This cheesecake is easy-to-make, and simply, delicious. The original recipe for this cheesecake is here and is owned by them.
Simple Gluten Free Cheesecake
2 packages of cream cheese (16 oz. of cream cheese total, for organic try Organic Valley Cream Cheese)
½ cup sugar (I haven’t yet experimented with replacing this for a refined-sugar free version, but I’d love to hear anyone else’s attempts, and will update the recipe when I try it myself)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of full fat organic sour cream (this will be spread on the top to keep the cheesecake from cracking after you take it out of the oven)
- Preheat the oven to 350, you may want to take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it soften for a few minutes while the oven preheats.
- Mix everything except the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Scrape into a pie or cake tin (I use an 8 inch cake pan)
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. I always check mine early (around 35 minutes) and add time as needed.
- As soon as you take it out of the oven, spread the full fat sour cream on the top (as if you were frosting it). This sounds weird, but the sour cream makes this recipe. It not only keeps the cheesecake from cracking but tastes delicious!
That’s it! Have a lovely, fika-filled Friday everyone…and remember to indulge…together.